Sarah Ferguson's whereabouts unknown following former Prince Andrew's arrest
Published in News & Features
Sarah Ferguson’s whereabouts remain unknown following the arrest of her ex-husband, former Prince Andrew, on his 66th birthday Thursday morning.
Now known as Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor after being stripped of his royal titles, the ex-prince was arrested at his home on the Sandringham Estate on suspicion of misconduct in public office in connection to his ties to Jeffrey Epstein.
Meanwhile, the former Duchess of York, who’s also mentioned multiple times in the Epstein files, has been MIA.
Ferguson has kept a extremely low profile in the past few months as questions have swirled over her relationship with Epstein. She was last photographed in September — a month before Andrew relinquished his titles — and hasn’t been seen publicly since.
Though the exes divorced decades ago, they continued to share Andrew’s longtime home in Windsor until earlier this month, when the former royal officially moved out. Amid the fallout from the Epstein allegations, King Charles announced last fall he’d be booting his younger brother from the residence.
At the time of the announcement, a source close to Ferguson told People that the former duchess planned to settle into her own home, saying she wanted to “move forward independently.”
“Contrary to reports, she has never asked for a property or any provision for herself,” the source said. “She will continue to forge an independent life.”
Where she has since moved is unclear.
In the past few months, as the U.S. Department of Justice has continued releasing documents related to its Epstein investigation, suspicions about Ferguson’s past have grown. Emails between and her and Epstein, many of which are included in the files, appear to show that she stayed in close contact with the disgraced financier, even after he served time in jail for soliciting a minor for prostitution.
One email, sent six months after he was released, shows her heaping praise on Epstein and calling him a “legend.” In another sent in 2011, she apologized for speaking out against him in an earlier interview, describing Epstein as “a steadfast, generous and supreme friend.”
Following the communications coming to light, six companies connected to Ferguson are now being wound down, the BBC reported earlier this week.
Ferguson has not publicly commented on the released files. Her ex-husband has denied any wrongdoing, but expressed regret over his friendship with Epstein.
The former prince was released from police custody on Thursday evening, roughly 11 hours after he was detained. Authorities said he was released under investigation, meaning he has neither been charged nor exonerated.
©2026 New York Daily News. Visit at nydailynews.com. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.







Comments